Renewable Energy Systems PDA
Course code 95H6
What is special about this course?
This Professional Development Award (PDA) in Renewable Energy Systems has been developed in partnership with the energy industry to give you the skills and expertise to contribute to the burgeoning renewable energies sector.
You will study online with support from expert staff at UHI North, West and Hebrides on the Isle of Lewis, one of the key players in the development of renewable energy systems in Scotland.
- You will develop knowledge and understanding of the broad issues impacting on energy production and use at present and in the future
- You will gain an understanding of the science and engineering of a wide range of energy extraction systems used in the renewable energy sector
- You will compare systems to solve energy problems
- You will be able to specialise in two areas of renewable energy systems
- You will study part time and online, which means that you can fit your studies around your professional and personal commitments
- HNC/HND Engineering Systems or
- Other HNC or HND Engineering qualification such as HNC/HND Mechatronics
- Multi-disciplinary degree
- Prospective students without the standard entry requirements as listed above are encouraged to apply. Candidates should have general knowledge and understanding of engineering systems and mechanical, electrical and electronic principles and technologies
Year 1 - PDA
- Renewable energy systems: overview of energy use
- Renewable energy systems: technology
- Renewable energy systems: biomass
- Renewable energy systems: geothermal energy
- Renewable energy systems: hydroelectricity
- Renewable energy system store: hydrogen
- Renewable energy systems: microgeneration systems
- Renewable energy systems: solar
- Renewable energy systems: wave and tidal energy
- Renewable energy systems: wind power
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will study this fully online course through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
How long will my course last?
- 3 hours online and 13 hours self-directed study per week
Where can I study my course?
- North, West and Hebrides
Find out more about fees, fee waivers and funding options.
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress to the BEng Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Renewable Energy Systems PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.