Child and Adolescent Mental Health (SCQF level 10) CPD Award
Course code B99C
What is special about this course?
This Child and Adolescent Mental Health (SCQF level 10) module is aimed at those working with children in education, health, social care and the voluntary sectors.
You will examine the concept of health and wellbeing in relation to mental health in children and adolescents and explore key policy documents like Getting it Right for Every Child (GIRFEC).
You will gain an awareness of child and adolescent mental health services, their differences across the UK, the importance of progress, participation and partnerships, and an overview of specific mental health disorders.
- Fully online
- Variety of student disciplines brought together to discuss child and adolescent mental health
- Study flexibly in and around work and family commitments
- Module leader experienced in working with child and adolescents professionally
- All resources and textbooks available online (e-books etc)
- Evidence of being able to study at SCQF level 9 is required
You will explore topics such as:
- Stigma and labelling
- Child development
- Risk factors for mental health issues for children themselves, within families and within environments
- Resilience, in particular the promotion of resilience in the school years
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will learn through a combination of video-conference lectures and tutorials, and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), with support from your tutors.
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (unstructured): one semester (approximately 14 weeks)
Where can I study my course?
- North, West and Hebrides
- You can study this fully online module from any location. You will be enrolled and receive support from UHI North, West and Hebrides
Find out more about fees, fee waivers and funding options.
You may wish to purchase the core textbook for use at work too.
Can I progress into further study?
You may wish to progress from Child and Adolescent Mental Health (SCQF level 10) CPD Award to MA Health and Wellbeing.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
The structure of the course and the collaboration with others has been really enjoyable, I now have a wide range of new books and articles to explore! This is by far the best online learning environment I’ve been involved in, I’m so grateful that it’s available to those of us looking to increase our knowledge and understanding of this topic.
Neil McElroy completed our online CPD Award Child and Adolescent Mental Health (SCQF level 10) with the support of staff at UHI Outer Hebrides.
Apply for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (SCQF level 10) CPD Award
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.