Fabrication and Welding and NC Fabrication and Welding SCQF 5 (Nigg Skills Academy) SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This programme combines the NC Welding and Fabrication with the SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations. This is a 16 week full-time course based at Nigg Skills Academy, Nigg, Ross-shire, IV19 1QY.
- Three national 4 qualifications including Maths, English and a technical/science subject
- SQA skills for work in engineering would also be an advantage
- Satisfactory interview
- Relevant post-school education and training
- Satisfactory interview
Anyone who has not achieved the relevant maths qualification will still be considered but may be asked to undertake a maths test at the interview. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SVQ Level 2 (performing engineering operations)
001 - Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- 002 - Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- 003 - Using and Communicating Technical Information
- 023 - Producing Plate work Components and Assemblies
- 024 - Cutting and Shaping Materials using Thermal Cutting Equipment
- 027 - Preparing and Using MMA Welding Equipment
- 028 - Preparing and Using Manual TIG or Plasma Arc Welding Equipment
- 029 - Preparing and Using MIG MAG and other continuous wire Welding Equipment
NC Level 5
- Fabrication Processes
- Welding Processes
- Health & Safety: Engineering
- Thermal Cutting Skills
- Fabrication Skills (Double credit unit)
- TIG Welding Skills
- MMA Welding Skills
- MIG/MAG Welding Skills
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Vocational Pathway
How long will my course last?16 Weeks
This programme combines the NC Welding and Fabrication with the SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations. This is a 16 week full time course based at Nigg Skills Academy, Nigg, Ross-shire, IV19 1QY. These qualifications satisfy the foundation training for a modern apprenticeship in fabrication and welding engineering.
Where can I study my course?
This course has various start dates throughout the year. Please contact email@example.com for more information or if you have any questions about the course.
Find out more about fees, fee waivers and funding options.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Completion of this course could be used to secure employment into a Modern Apprenticeship in the Fabrication and Welding/engineering sector or as a progression route to NC Engineering level 6.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Fabrication and Welding and NC Fabrication and Welding SCQF 5 (Nigg Skills Academy) SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI North, West and Hebrides. UHI North, West and Hebrides operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.