Information Technology in Business PDA
Course code 99G5
What is special about this course?
The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Information Technology in Business at SCQF level 7 delivers the skills and knowledge needed for a range of administrative roles. It has particular emphasis on the use of IT within a business environment.
- This course will enable you to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice.
- You will develop skills and knowledge of word processing and presentation packages to aid business communication.
- You will develop an understanding of database management software and the application of databases to aid business decision making.
- This course will allow you to develop an understanding of spreadsheets and their use in providing solutions to business problems and to develop skills using technology in an administration role and prepare candidates for employment in an administration role.
- Communication and IT skills to SCQF level 5 or equivalent or
- Relevant business or IT NC/SVQ qualification or
- Relevant work experience
- SVQ Business and Administration
Year 1 - PDA
Three units (32 SCQF credits in total):
- IT in Business: databases
- IT in Business: spreadsheets
- IT in Business: word processing and presentation applications
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- Distance learning (at some campuses)
- For information on how you will study this course, please contact the campus you wish to study with
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: up to one year
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll - September starts only
- North, West and Hebrides
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus where you wish to study
Find out more about fees, fee waivers and funding options.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you might like to consider applying for office-related jobs.
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress on to our HNC Business course.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Information Technology in Business PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.